Looking through my notebook I found this which I forgot I had written.
“On my first day in San Francisco,
– I had a rather tense exchange with the brakeman of a cable car.
– I went to a Chinatown pharmacy and bought some Breathe-Right strips from a girl whose nametag read ‘Ting Ting’
– I witnessed an argument between a musician and a magician near the pier.
– I had various unflattering photographs taken of me.
– I got sunburned on a cloudy day.
On my second day in San Francisco,
– I saw a man walking down the street wearing headphones and rapping to himself very loudly about ‘the Hyphy movement’ at 9 in the morning.
– I watched a girl scotch-tape ‘FREE PUSSY RIOT’ fliers to electric poles.
– I ate a veggie burrito while Camilo Sesto played on the jukebox.
– I purchased ‘compact discs’ encoded with recorded music.
– I totally destroyed (in the good sense of the word) ‘Differences’ by Ginuwine at the karaoke bar insides the Thai place where we had dinner.
– I drank an Irish car bomb.
On my third day in San Francisco,
– I drove to the beach.
– I went to the park.
– I crossed a bridge.”